The American Hospital Association (AHA) is urging the 114th Congress to pass crucial legislation for health systems and hospitals.
AHA is calling for legislators to address and pass the following during the lame duck session:
- Addressing the consequences of the 2015 Bipartisan Budget Act on Medicare outpatient payment to provider-based clinics that were under development at the time of the law’s passage
- Establishing a socioeconomic adjustment in the Medicare readmissions program
- Extending the Rural Community Hospital (RCH) Demonstration program
- Providing “25% Rule” relief for long-term care hospitals
- Ensuring flexibility in physician supervision for critical access hospitals.
To support hospitals’ legislative efforts, the AHA will host an Advocacy Day on Dec. 6 in order to brief health system and hospital leaders in Washington, D.C. Following the briefing, AHA members will voice their support for passing hospital legislation on Capitol Hill.