A new survey shows 60% of physicians who are employed are not engaged and explores key factors to drive physician engagement.
The Physician Trends 2016 Report from Jackson Healthcare lists five key drivers for physician engagement:
- Alignment of executive team actions and clinician goals
- Open/responsiveness of organization to physician input
- Interest of physician in leadership opportunities
- Autonomy of physician in managing individual practice
- Support of organization in the economic growth and success of the physician’s individual practice
The survey also revealed more than half of physicians are experiencing burnout and satisfied physicians are likely to be between 25 years old and 44 years old and work eight hours per day.