The Maryland Hospital Association, along with AARP Maryland, the Maryland Citizens’ Health Initiative, NAACP Maryland, Young Invincibles and others, launched a campaign to educate and empower Marylanders in a new era of healthcare, according to a press release from the Maryland Hospital Association.
The campaign, A Breath of Fresh Care, features several “health engagement” tools for Marylanders who would like to know more about how health care is changing and about how they can partner with healthcare providers to take a more active role in staying healthy before they need care, being empowered during care, and remaining healthy after care.
The tools include:
- A new website that is a statewide clearinghouse of hospital information that includes direct links to:
- Every hospital’s patient bill of rights
- Information on how to navigate the health care system, from interacting with your physician to understanding medical bills
- Wellness and chronic disease management initiatives for your local community hospital
- Contact information where consumers can register a complaint or concern
- A series of statewide educational forums, kicking off on Sept. 14, to educate Marylanders about these changes, to encourage use of these tools, and to encourage participation in the Maryland Faith Health Network
- Strategic partnerships with AARP Maryland, the Maryland Citizens’ Health Initiative, NAACP Maryland, Young Invincibles and other organizations that will help share information with their members and constituents