LinkedIn highlights healthcare leaders who stood out in 2016 and who you should start reading in 2017.
Editors sifted through data, analyzing factors such as reader engagement and follower growth, and chose 10 writers who covered some of the biggest stories in the industry this year, including topics like global public health crises, new advances in drug development and healthcare IT.
The top voices in healthcare for 2016 include:
- Louis Profeta, MD, St. Vincent Emergency Physicians (Indianapolis).
- Michelle Chaffee, founder and CEO of alska (St. Paul, Minn.).
- Bertalan Mesko, MD, PhD.
- Yasi Baiani. principal product manager at Fitbit (San Francisco).
- Luca Dezzani, MD, global medical director at Novartis Oncology (Basel, Switzerland).
- Mark Hyman, MD, chairman of the Institute for Functional Medicine (Irvine, Calif.).
- Chikwe Ihekweazu, MD, CEO of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (Abuja).
- Jacques Kpodonu, MD, cardiac surgeon at Harvard Medical School (Boston).
- Ola Orekunrin, MD, founder of The Flying Doctors Nigeria
- Julie Kliger, BSN, senior director at Alvarez & Marsal (New York City).